Saturday, August 16, 2008

17th August.......WET WET WET




Mousie leading himself into his box, this is his daily rountine, makes it easier for me, I can lead Nancy who isn't quiet as keen to go inside.

Well I thought we were wet before but nothing compares to how wet we are now. I wasn't sure what the weather was going to do, so I worked Dag first thing in the morning, we both got soaking wet but she was better behaved as the mud was bogging her down somewhat.

Took me ages to dry her off, put an extra underrug on her and let her warm up in the day box before I put her outside with Donny with a bale of hay to share.

Typical Murphy's law it was a lovely, if not a bit chilly afternoon, so I got to work Donny, he was fresh after his day off yesterday, things were going ok, until a family on bike cycled past, if that wasn't enough to look at out bounds a big barking black lab, which scared the young ones which inturn set Donny off at a full gallop, took all my strength to pull him up, not that he is dirty but wasn't really fair when the young ones in the middle of the track were racing him!! But we got over that and he settled in to work well, even his canter work was good.



Both horses had to cross the streams and canter through all the surface water, I think Donny really enjoyed it, put his head down and powered through it, if the water is still there tomorrow I am going to set some hay bales up on the other side to get mousie used to jumping in and out of water.....should be interesting as he hasn't been worked since Jill on Thursday due to the weather.






No comments: